Mama Bun didn't take on my first attempt at breeding her. I think we'll try again. I'm going to see about putting them together tomorrow, again, depending on work schedule. That would put the due date around October 25, and babies ready to go December 6-20 (6-8 weekd old). Just in time for Christmas! Not that bunnies really top the list for a winter holiday, but still. If it doesn't take again, I'll have to sell Mama Bun and find a newer female. I don't know how old she is, so perhaps she's just reached the end of her breeding usefulness.
Tomorrow is also the day for cage changes for the chinchillas. The two girls who've been with males will be moved into nursery cages to await their new arrivals, and I'll be putting two new girls (my babes that I held back for breeding) in for the first time. I'll also be giving my oldest female one more chance. She's young, but she's missed two breedings in as many years. If she doesn't produce this time, she'll be retired and I'll find her a good pet home that will love her throughout the rest of her life.